Tuesday, August 6, 2013

More hand painted "rugs"

Hello!   I had posted yesterday the Mackezie Child's insprired 8ft runner - Well, before I came up with the correct varnish to use I had painted these and a few others. (My husband emailed me these pics so I could post them, all the others are in a photo album!!)  Any way - if you choose to create a mat made out of vinyl flooring make sure that the back is smooth and hasn't any dimples - I used 3M's blue painters tape to tape off the border and a Corelle plate to make the curves.  Very carefully with a very sharp razor and a cutting mat underneath, cut around the plate and use a straight edge to use as a guide for the sides.  I don't recall if I put a primer down first - but just use your imagination or story books or anything else to come up with ideas, and paint!!  Let it dry completely then apply several coats of Jo Sonya's Matte Varnish for the final step.  Wash with soap and water - no vacuum cleaners!! Enjoy!



Someone asked me to make her matching placemats to go with her rug pictured above - I don't know why, but I didn't do it.   

Hope all is well with you and yours, until next time, thanks for stopping by!!

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment