Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hello everyone and what a beautiful day it is in the Philadelphia area! I love September and the cool change in the air!  Below is are some pictures of my very first reupholstering project.  It was not as easy as I had thought it would be (but what ever is?).
 I wasn't a blogger when I started these chairs so I do not have pictures of the before - the following week I became a blogger and here is stage one:
Sorry!  I don't know how to turn this one right side up!  I'm getting there though, I managed to turn the next couple around!!    Anyhow, I did this one with a crop cloth but did not like the overly casual look so I when ahead and did this:

I thought painting it (ASCP Old White) brightened it up a bit and then I really liked the fabric with it.  So I kept that thought
and kept going
to this!  I had to use gimping and welding because my first time attempts needed some band-aids!!  I really like the finished product - I have another one just like in in the original wood tones - Not in too big of a hurry to start that - although now I know what I'm doing, having the right tools is still key - Not ready to make that investment at this time!!!!!!

Well we are off to the Phillies game, it is German heritage night - which just so happens to fit in beautifully cause Lukas is from Germany!  

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks for popping in!

Until next time...........Trisha

I'm joing the parties at:

http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1-Funky_Junks_Party_Junk_link_party.29-AM.jpg

Confessions of a Plate Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment