Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Living Room slowly getting out of limbo!

Hello!  Yesterday I promised myself I would not leave the house until I finished the living room curtains and I did it!!!!   I am not a professional sewer by any stretch, but I do seem to think I am!!!!!   I wanted something very simple to brighten up the living room and I thought adding the pom poms would give it the finishing touch - I have to say, I am pleased with the color choice and the results!  


 Here is the chair I reupholstered and I think it looks great with the new curtains and yellow walls.



I used clip rings this time as apposed to the usual curtain rod pocket, it was much easier and gave me the ability to close the curtains in a snap.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I glued the trim on with Aleene's
                                                                                                              Fabric Fusion, it works great!


I got my fabric at JoAnn Fabrics while it was 50% off and used the coupon for the trim.  I got the drapery clip rings at Marburns discount curtain store - instead of paying $10, I got them for $6!!   I needed 4 packs - so it can get pricey.

This room is   s l o w l y  transforming!  Key word being   S L O W L Y!!!!  We are getting a price tomorrow for cabinets for either side of the fireplace brick wall - can't really used stock cabinets cause they are different sizes and beings that we are happy hands at home, Lord only knows what it will look like!!    I will keep you abreast of the transformation!!

Thanks for popping in, I really appreciate you taking the time!

                                    Until next time....................Trisha

If you like what you see - please sign up for my blog to be sent to your email!!

joined in the following parties:
Linky Party  All Things Thursday Blog Hop

http://diybydesign.blogspot.gr/2013/10/fall-into-fall-its-party-137.html
p://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http://www.astylishinterior.com/2013/10/stylish-friday-finds-5.html&httmedia=https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgbuPWwaTTMgvOcPA2I3uxxBmEMEaRFxx_KmwWQpZiOt9D4a0Zhsj9IFxbnGngfg5Tz1BY1OMwiPsmfriTb34I8n4Xxa9ZE8A0IeDTqCTwuP6tCipzhESutBO2nnX6AFLsoLgob0zgcHcsI/s320/linkparty.jpg&description=Stylish%20Friday%20Finds%20#5

No comments:

Post a Comment