Thursday, January 16, 2014

Valentine Show and Tell Mantle

Welcome to another Show and Tell !

Today I decided to decorate my mantle and I know you are all on pins and needles to see the pictures!  hahahahaha!  Well, to be honest, this looked better last year cause it was all blinged out with glitzy glam and greenery left over from Christmas - sorry, I wasn't a blogger then :(   .
The walls in this room are not this yellow and the chair doesn't look dirty in real life!  just saying!!



Taa Da!  The above picture shows a multitude of diy projects - not all good!!!!!  As you can see, I dislike this brick wall and have painted it numerous times, I gave up after this last attempt.  What my mind is perceiving my hands are not achieving - it is very frustrating.  Our plan (if life would stop getting in the way) is to panel this entire wall in a random width wainscoting from floor to ceiling - then go around the rest of the room with the same stuff but only 2/3's or 3/4's up - Replace the slate/stone hearth with something more attractive, replace the doors with a wood burning insert - build a mantle and use the little decorative shelves (they have a name but I cannot remember it now), etc., etc., etc.   The chair on the left I painted and reupholstered in the summer and the chair on the right we trash picked from my neighbors bulk pick up a few years ago.  The mercury glass vases were my attempt last year - the window is from my friends back porch that I hastily sprayed with looking glass paint (and because of my haste it did not turn out as well as when my husband does it!)



The mantle scarf is a long piece of fabric that I cinched where I wanted - the hearts are foam cut into shapes and taped up.  I'm a real Martha Stewart, don't be jealous!!!!! hahahahahaha!   My cousin said to me years ago, "Oh, I see you are the dollar store decorator!"  Yes, that would be me, sometimes I don't even spend that much!!!!!  Although I did not have a sense of humor when she said it - rutt row!  I've grown a lot since the days of three kids!!   Now we are up to six and I think my sense of humor is much better!!  

Well, that's all I have for today, thank you so much for your interest!

               Until next time.......................Trisha

I will be joining these parties:

s:Treasure Hunt Thursday From My Front Porch To YoursTTF CoHost 1
http://www.shabbyartboutique.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2013-Shab-Friday-logo.png
Made in a DayChic on a Shoestring Decoratingpinkwhen.combig inspiration mondayhttp://www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com/2014/01/a-bouquet-of-talent-linky-
party-and-top.html
PhotobucketThe Scoop

No comments:

Post a Comment