Friday, March 14, 2014

Luck of the Irish

Well Top of the Mornin to Ya!

It has been almost one whole month since my last post!!  I took an unintentional vacation from blogging and actually lived in the real world for practically a whole month!!  I have been thrifting and having buyers remorse, hahahah!  I need to find a place in my area that I can "rent space".  If anyone is reading this and you live in the Delaware/Chester county areas and know of a place that I could put my treasures to sell, please let me know!!  I along with my husband would greatly appreciate it!!  In honor of St. Patrick's Day this Monday, I thought I would give a wonderfully easy and delicious recipe that was given to me about 25 years ago for Irish Soda Bread; and a quick update on my window boxes.

Recipe for soda bread by Ann O'Dowd (I have never met her!)

Preheat oven to 350 and grease cake pan.
(325 for dark pan)

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup reg sugar
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
a handful of raisins
1 cup buttermilk (if you don't have this you can add 2 T white vinegar and then add milk to measure 1 cup.  Let it sit a few minutes so it can curdle)

Mix dry ingredients til well blended then add milk - stir til moist then turn into a greased cake pan - bake 1 hour - let cool slightly then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.  TaDa!  Yum Yum! Served best with butter on each piece.  
This is what is should look like when finished


And this is the St. Patrick's day window box


Springfield has a wonderful St. Patrick's day parade complete with the Philadelphia Mummers!!  It is truly a fantastic parade and if you aren't in it you are watching!!  I hope everyone enjoys their weekend of being Irish (responsibly!)

That is all for now.....until next time,

Trisha


No comments:

Post a Comment