Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Refurbished Dresser


On my way to taking someone somewhere a few years back (again new blogger/old material!) I saw this beautiful brown dresser with the veneer chipped away on the drawers, needless to say, I slammed on the breaks and with the help of the kids threw it into the van and sped away!   I just painted the whole thing with off white paint and when it came to the drawers, I needed to be creative.
side view of drawer
I covered each of the fronts with thin batting then covered each again with fabric.  To keep them from not sagging and a way to adhere them to the sides of the drawers, I modge podged them.  They turned out fab and they are the only pieces in the kitchen that haven't faded!

glass knobs
After removing the existing hardware, I attached these with the screws that came with the knobs into the existing holes.

8 plus years later and the fabric drawers still look new, its the top that needs another coat of paint.

I am joining up at

PhotobucketGet Your DIY OnDenise... On A Whim

Thanks for popping in!  Until next time......Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment