Tuesday, June 6, 2017

God Bless America, cause we need it!!


Happy Red White and Blue Season!  
I am very sad about the way people have been behaving lately.  Frankly, I just don't understand.   My grandfather used to say to me, "Our fore fathers fought for our independence, and by God don't let anyone take it away from you!"   I would chuckle and assume he was talking about the future men in my life!  Now that I am 52 I am realizing what exactly he was talking about.  This world has gone crazy.  It seems that someone(s) is cracking up and taking their weapons to the nearest populated location and just shooting everyone up.  Then there are all the terrorist attacks. 

Commissioned pillow for my friend Missy 
 Are we fast approaching the end of time?   We have been binge watching "The Walking Dead" for the past few weeks.  Is this what it is all going to come to?  It is frightening - the only way any of us can live a normal life is to have hope and faith that God will take care of it.  We are all only here temporarily anyhow, He is the Creator and the Maker.  I know He is not responsible for our world today.  We are.  He gave us all free will, it's just a shame people are going to the dark side.     



Hand painted Uncle Same using Maxine Thomas's pattern from a very old book.  I added the USA


Hand painted free hand 

So during this time of celebrating our freedom, let us never forget to thank God for the strong men and women who sacrifice so much to keep us as safe as possible.  

Three cheers for the red, white and blue!

God Bless America!!

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment