Monday, January 9, 2017

New Year, New Name, Same Blog

Hello!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!   




I have been away from my blog for just a little over a year.  During that time I have toyed with the idea of giving it up completely or changing my attitude about the whole blogging experience.  I have decided on option number 2.  I am still happy hands at home and a DIYer, but my main focus is on painting, hence the new name of the blog.  Painted on a Whim best describes my style.  When I get the urge to paint, I paint a lot.  Lately, I have been painting pillow covers.  I usually paint to sell, why I do not know.  I have been selling to my instagram and FB friends but thought it best to get serious now that I have more time for me in my life.  A few of my kids moved out and I have adopted one bedroom for my painting and the other for sewing.  I'm hoping to one day merge these two rooms into one.
  But, I am not looking to get rid of #6 anytime soon!  Below are some of the Valentine pillows I have designed, sewn and paionted for my new Etsy shop called PaintedOnAWhim, if you have a moment, please check it out!


 



Each of these pillow covers have been hand painted and sewn to fit specific pillow forms.  It is amazing what you can do with a drop cloth!

Next I will be working on Easter and Mothers Day.  

God Bless you

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment