Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I'm back at it!!

Haaaayyyy!  It's been 8 months since my last entry - ooohhhh - I am already having a bit of a panic attack realizing I once again do not remember how to do all this...  :(    


Now that my inspirational year is coming to a close, it is time for me to get back to the paint brushes and be creative -  I'm taking baby steps.  My sister Louises' pillow making over the past year has inspired me.   She has made some beautiful pillows -- stenciled, sewn, stuffed and hand stitched closed -- as seen below:
























 




These are just a FEW of the "prim" pillows she has made and sold. We differ in tastes though, she loves prim and I love artsy/shabby chic.  After the themed holiday is over, what to do with the pillow?  I have been flipping them over and going with the plain back.  Then after all the sluggishness of the chemotherapy had been draining out of my system, the ideas started pouring in.  This is when I knew my creative life was making a come back and I was going to zap it for all its worth!!  One day a thought came into my mind to make slip covers for the pillows - using the same drop cloth fabric idea - just making it inner changeable - so below is my first attempt at creating this - 

                                    2015 Halloween Edition


I figure these will be great for Halloween and durable enough to put inside or out.  I purchased a 18 x 18 pillow form at Joann Fabrics and have been making envelope style pillow cases ever since.    I am currently working on Christmas - again, just one idea on the pillow, kind of like a 2015 edition.  I will post that later.

I don't know how long I will be blogging - you may want to follow me on instagram @ trishaflaherty8 if you are interested in the latest and greatest!  I'm hoping to be more of a regular now that my life is back to normal.  However, I have to admit......blogging the first time around was very stressful, it reminded me of a popularity contest with entering all those "parties"  and the proverbial "will they pick my entry??????"   Frankly, it reminded me of being back in grade school - a feeling I don't want to relive.  So the only place I will probably post is pinterest (if I can figure it out) and G+, only time will tell.

Happy day to all and I hope Louise and I have inspired you to do whatever it is you do to the best of your ability.

That's all for now,

Trisha


ps: please forgive the Easter themed page!  Again, baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment