Wednesday, December 4, 2013

upcycled trash pick :)

Hello!   Thank you so much for clicking on my post!  I sincerely appreciate it.  I have been busier than a one armed paperhanger getting ready for this December 14th craft fair - if you are in the Delaware Valley vicinity, it's at St. Pius in Broomall - Please stop in!!  If you mention that you saw this on my blog, I'll give you a free gift!   Sounds like Tupperware!  Bring a friend and you will get a free gift!!

Today I finished this chair I had found curbside during a walk many many years ago.  It was up in our attic and I forgot all about it!  Tom brought it down for the garage sale we had and I reclaimed it!  So then it became our computer chair and I was forced to upcycle it.  Here it is before.........





just a vision of loveliness! hahaha!



And here it is with the burlap and ASCP transformation......






I love the way it turned out and I really love the print of this burlap!  That black string is my camera, sorry!!  I did the cording because I feel it gives chairs of this nature a more finished appearance, hopefully who ever purchases this feel the same  (wishful thinking!)!!  I used JoSonya's non-yellowing clear acrylic varnish instead of waxing - faster, easier and looks great!  I usually use this brand in all my decorative projects - I have tried tons of brands and this is by far the best - I purchase it by the gallon.

I have a few more things to post before the big day....stay tuned to see what's for sale @ St. Pius!!

Until next time..............................Trisha

I will be joing these link parties:

big inspiration mondayFluster BusterAll Things Thursday Blog Hop
http://madeinaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Holiday-Party-Button.png
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SlWOwpI4TP4/UpoBr3us8TI/AAAAAAAAI_I/cpqNwDQXFfk/s1600/open+house.png
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFFF

No comments:

Post a Comment